fear is the mind killer
overcome fear, and you conquer the world
how often have you heard that said?
too many, I bet.
but truly, is there anything to it? if we overcome our internal fears and aversions, what will be the end result? a more satisfied, robust, expressive, creative human being? Really??
let me make the case:
1) in fear, we withdraw and don’t try new things. Hence we stop learning and growing in our mind. Ideas become stagnant, recycled, we become “locked in” to a fear mindset. The world becomes scary!
2) in fear, we stop connecting with others. Other People are best source of joy there is! Getting their input, sharing some of your own story … social cohesion has many benefits.
3) in fear, we lose the connection to Source
4) in fear, we start doubting our own abilities to cope with the world. We reduce our own stature in comparison to others, and in doing so, hand them our power. Bad!!
5) in fear, we doubt the inherent goodness of others. One paints them as this or that, and we stop seeing Reality for what it is. It becomes a clouded vision..
6) in fear, we cannot Love fully.
7) in fear, we live in a little box of a world, not seeing its wonders, joys, explosive beauty. A narrow, constricted, defensive mindset. Fear is a COMPRESSION.
so all up, fear is not a good thing!
scored for organ solo